- Project Management Certificate, Colorado State University, 2011
- MSLIS, Library and Information Sciences, Clarion University, 2008
- BFA, Art History, Metropolitan State College of Denver, 2002, Magna Cum Laude
Present Work Experience
Colorado Department of Education (Colorado State Library) , Project Coordinator, 2010 to present
Manage and administer multiple projects and programs, including the Colorado’s Public Computer Center, a state-wide, Recovery Act funded, 90 location program with a $3.3M budget and multiple elements. Participate on committees (local, state, and national), present and provide training (local, state, and national convening), and be a spokesperson for the Colorado State Library and its projects.
- Establishment of program goals and policies with input and involvement from diverse stakeholders. Creation and maintenance of program and project plans including scope, budgets, timelines, communication plans, and procedures. Work with project team, partners, and stakeholders to ensure compliance.
- Oversee marketing and public awareness for projects. Provide presentations and training to project team, stakeholders, and general public at all levels (regular presenter at regional, state, and national events).
- Develop and administer outcome and output based evaluations to track success and provide input for suggested program improvements.
- Functions as the spokesperson for multiple projects. Regularly presents at ribbon cuttings, works with the press (EX: Interview on Comcast Newsmakers and Colorado Public Radio), and provides community and stakeholder updates via online communications.
Commerce Kitchen, Program Manager, 2008 to present
Manage a diversity of programs, including marketing campaigns, design projects, consulting contracts, and custom software for an online marketing firm.
- Project management utilizing PMI standards along with agile and waterfall methodologies
- Business development
- Strategic planning and forecasting
Previous Work Experience
Delta County Libraries, Library Manager, 2008-present
Manage library staff, day-to-day operations, administration and planning, and cultural programs.
- Oversaw procedures, budgets, strategic planning, community relations, and other administrative functions at the city and county levels
- Development, implementation, and administration of community and cultural activities such as library sponsored art, theater, music, and history events.
- Maintained communication and collaboration with community organizations, stakeholders, local and state government, and the general public
- Managed, hired and trained a staff of seven and recruited and managed volunteers for both regular operations and special events
Cambium Learning, Art Buyer / Project Manager, 2005-2008
Provided program management for one of the largest educational publishers in the country.
- Provided art direction, artist management, and research of current art trends for all visual resources
- Managed scope, schedules, forecasts, and budgets for programs totaling over 4 million annually
- Contract structuring, review, and negotiations
Buehler Mayflower, Accountant and Human Resources Director, 2000-2005
- Created accounting reports and reconciled accounts
- Supervised payroll and benefits for 150+ employees in two states
Honors and Memberships
- The Public Computer Center Project has been highlighted as a highly successful ARRA grant at the state and national level as well as by the city of Denver specifically
- Selected as a digital literacy expert and planning taskforce member for Connect2Compete, a national nonprofit
- Member of the Governor’s State Broadband Plan planning committee
- Board Member, Tech4Good Denver
- Schema.org Workshop, Invited Attendee
- MPLA Leadership Institute 2010, Attendee
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, Adobe CS, and HTML
- Active in social media and emerging technologies
- Proficient on both Mac and Window platforms
- Excellent information retrieval skills